Donated to Kenyon College by an alumni, this 18,000 SF, three story building was originally constructed between 1910 and 1911. End users for the building include Kenyon College Department of Dance, Drama and Film, the local/nonprofit Science Play-Space Initiative (SPI Spot), as well as space for Kenyon College community outreach programs. The Wright Center also houses the Office for Community Partnerships at Kenyon.
The facility features state-of-the-art film production equipment in a two-story film studio, classrooms with 75-inch screens, a 30-seat screening room, a room devoted to teaching post-production editing, and a secure room to store the college’s film equipment.
The roof was replaced to allow for a two-story film studio in the center of the 18,000 SF building. Workers removed bricks and placed glass in the arches on the building’s south facade to let natural light into SPI’s reading nook, climbing structure and small theater for science demonstrations.