A 73,000 SF renovation and 40,000 SF addition to a 3 story building with an attic into four useable floors, originally built in 1959.
This addition and renovation project reimagined McCracken Hall with a dynamic space layout and architectural expression, creating an attractive, flexible environment for formal and casual learning. The interior design creates a variety of classroom types and sizes along with plenty of faculty office and support space. Collaboration between students and faculty is supported through a series of smaller project rooms and varied gathering areas both large and small. Public spaces that bring architectural character are provided on every floor; double height communicating spaces are provided between pairs of floors to enhance the feeling of connectivity. A dedicated technology “black box” space is provided space for faculty use in developing new pedagogy.